Windows




This months challenge has been considering the different methods I could use to create images that would be sometimes back lit and at other times lit from the front. I've been commissioned to create some window displays for my High Street. Some may be back lit at night but it isn't guaranteed. It got me thinking about the possibility of creating an image that changes quite dramatically depending on how it is lit.  For the windows of my own home I decided to develop what I learnt on this Window Wanderland community project using different colours and thicknesses of layered tissue paper and recycled plastic. 

These two circular paper pieces are inspired by part of Psalm 139, 

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.



These are about 50cm diameter, on a brass ring. I've used spray glue to fix the pre-cut layers of paper and plastic. The images have a daytime colour range which is very different. I enjoy seeing the back lit shades and details appearing as it gets darker outside. It's quite magical. I love to do something like this on a larger scale.




Comments

Popular Posts